Strawberries are one of our favorite summer fruits! Not only are they juicy, sweet and succulent, (everything we stand for at Treat Beauty!) they are packed in antioxidants that will help to plump your pout and slow down the signs of aging, as well as provide gentle yet highly effective exfoliating properties for silky, soft lips that are just begging to be shown off with your lip balm or lipstick!
In this article we’ll help to show you why strawberries are not just for dipping in chocolate (although we adore enjoying them this way) as well as provide you with your very own DIY strawberry lip scrub so your lips can get the most out of this vibrant summer fruit!
Why strawberries are great for exfoliating lips
Strawberries contain natural fruit acids that help to banish dry skin and when you add sugar, well then everything is better! And a whole lot sweeter. Strawberries are also packed in antioxidants like Vitamin C to fight of free radicals that can age your pucker, and it will also help to boost collagen production for a plumper pout, we won’t say not to that!
The recipe below includes sugar, which helps to exfoliate as well as provide humectant properties to draw hydration into the lips and prevent moisture loss, which can result in shriveled lips. Organic coconut oil (our absolute favorite) helps everything to glide together, adds a deep dose of hydration along with healing fatty acids for healthy, happy lips! A dash of honey helps to brighten and moisturize and we won’t turn down another dose of the sweet stuff!
DIY simple strawberry lip scrub recipe
What You'll Need:
- 2 tbsp organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated organic white sugar
- 1 fresh organic strawberry
How to whip it up:
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil and honey.
- Using the back of a spoon, crush the strawberry into the mixture and stir in your sugar.
- Use your finger to gently massage the mixture into your lips and leave on for a minute or two (permission granted to lick your lips when the time is up!)
- Gently wipe your scrub off with a warm, wet cloth and revel in your gorgeous new pout!
Follow with white chocolate lip balm
You’re not done yet… A smooth canvas needs some decadent lip balm and what’s better than following up your strawberry scrub with a White Chocolate Jumbo Balm? Mmmm! Now go tell your friends your secret... or don't, we won't spill the beans!